Sunday Showcase: Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Good morning and have a nice Sunday ! Welcome to Sunday Showcase Week 12. Every week we take a look at one of the resorts in Walt Disney World. This week, we’re going to take a look at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. If you haven’t read last week’s article, you can do so here.
Sunday Showcase: Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
âCelebrate the unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Southwestern American cultures at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. This beautiful lakefront oasis offers classic influences, Disney touches, and modern comforts to energize and inspire.
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort opened to guests on August 1, 1997, and was Disney’s first attempt at a “moderate” resort. This resort is located southwest of the Disney property in the Animal Kingdom Resort area. In February 2017, a major renovation was announced, which updated the rooms as well as the addition of a large tower complex on site. In July 2019, the 15-storey Gran Destino tower opened its doors to guests directly inspired by Salvador Dali’s short film âDestinoâ.
Rooms and facilities
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort is currently configured with over 2,050 guest rooms, as well as 65 suites. In addition, this resort has special Club level rooms and guests who choose Club level accommodation at Chronos Club enjoy personalized concierge service and a lounge with continental breakfast, midday snacks and wine in. evening, appetizers, syrups and desserts. This resort is also one of Disney’s 5 major convention centers.
Dinner at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Casual table service
- Maya Grill – Savor traditional Mexican fare at this majestic dining venue accented by welcoming Mayan motifs of fire, sun and water
- Rix Sports Bar & Grill – Cheer on your favorite team, dine on classic bar fare, and savor draft beers and craft cocktails in this upscale sports lounge with 31 TVs.
- Toledo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood – Indulge your senses with Spanish-inspired cuisine and stunning views at this intimate rooftop restaurant.
- Three Bridges Bar & Grill – Enjoy sandwiches, sharing platters, salads and more at this relaxing lakefront restaurant.
- CafÃ© Rix – Have a smoothie or specialty coffee
and choose from a selection of pastries, yogurts, fruits and salads, accompanied by ice cream. Beer and wine are also available.
- El Mercado de Coronado – Soak up an array of American and international dishes, including pancakes, pizza, and bowls of rice. Salads, sandwiches and desserts are also available on the go.
Other dining options
- Laguna Bar – Airy lakeside lounge with menu of margaritas, sangria, frozen drinks and signature cocktails.
- Dahlia Lounge – Linger over quality wine or signature cocktails in a setting inspired by Spanish surrealism.
- Barcelona Lounge – Savor espressos, pastries and light bites, as well as cocktails, Spanish and Californian wines, and American craft beers at this hybrid bar-bakery inspired by Spanish coffee and gin culture.
- Bus service to Walt Disney WorldÂ® Resort theme parks, water parks and Disney SpringsÂ®
- The Lost City of Cibola Pool – Sun worshipers of all ages will dig out the excavation site, a sprawling Mayan ruins-themed pool complex.
- 3 fun pools – For the less adventurous, 3 fun pools
are located in each colony – the Casitas, Ranchos and Cabanas.
- Coronado Springs Campfire Activities
- Film under the stars
- Jogging path
Standard overnight self-parking is available to registered guests for a fee that will be applied to their hotel folio upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable taxes.
- Parking for moderate Disney resorts costs $ 20 per night.
Free standard parking is available while you enjoy some dining, shopping, entertainment and leisure experiences at this resort.
In conclusion, Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort has been a fan favorite over the years. With its recent renovation and the new addition of the Gran Destino Tower, your family should consider this an option for your next Walt Disney World Resort.
Thanks for checking out this week’s iteration of Sunday Showcase. Have you stayed at this resort? What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below.
Finally, if you are planning to travel to Walt disney world, contact Journey beyond infinity. They will help you navigate the inns and nooks and crannies of Walt Disney World. While their services are always free and they will help you as much or as little as you want. Contact them today at email@example.com or visit them online.
[Source and Images: Walt Disney World]
Pirates and princesses (PNP) is an independent, fan-driven news blog that covers Disney and Universal theme parks, themed entertainment and related pop culture from a consumer perspective. The opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its publishers, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial source of information and has no connection with The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other business we can cover.